Friday, August 10, 2007

Busy

Hi, sorry I haven't updated in awhile. I have been so busy! I had school orientation on Wednesday. It was 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., then we had a reception afterwards given by a local bank. It was a lot of fun, and it was a good time to begin to get to know some of my classmates, who I will be spending the next four years with!

Yesterday (Thursday) we had to get our dental kits checked in. That is all of the instruments and tools we will be using in lab for the next year (and four years after that). I was completely shocked at how much there was! It took us over four hours to go through the list. It was fun and exciting to see everything, but also a little intimidating to know I will be expected to know the name of every instrument, its use, and how to use it!

We had the rest of the afternoon off, and I was exhausted! Getting up at 5:30 a.m. and going all day and just being anxious really took it out of me, I guess. So this morning, my husband and I slept in, which was nice, and we are going to run a few errands and just enjoy the last few days before I start classes on Monday. My schedule is four classes and one lab. I will be at school 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Wednesday classes are over at noon, but the school reserves that afternoon for any meetings or other things that need to be done, so I will not always actually have that afternoon free. Fridays classes are over at 3:00 p.m., so that is nice. Of course, I will be spending extra time at the lab outside of class time, I am sure.

My husband is finally doing better from his rash. I know it is hard to believe, but he had the measles. Evidently he is one of the small percentage of people for whom the vaccination does not work. He is finally better, but he was pretty sick. He is doing great in his classes, and is really enjoying them.

I hope all of you are doing great. I have been keeping up with you, I just haven't been posting any comments, since I have been so stretched for time.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh I hear measles as an adult are just horrible! Glad to hear he is finally getting over it. Aren't you excited to be starting school? I used to always love getting my books and gear and everything. Just like a new start to the year!

Mrs. T2 said...

Wow!!! It sounds like you have been busy, but productive!!! I am glad to hear that dental school has gotten off to a good start!!

Sorry to hear about your hubby, but at least you found out what it was!!!!

Enjoy the weekend!!!

Trish J said...

Are you kidding - measles? That is so Little House on the Prairie! I hope he is feelig better!

Anonymous said...

wow - that is all so exciting! i hope you enjoy school. it'll be great for us to quiz you on what the instruments are called - not that we'd know if you are right or not. ;o)

Glad your husband is recovering and it wasn't anything too serious.